SharonL

Sharon L

"My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with"

-Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

The Diviners
Libba Bray
The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
Anne Rice
The Carnelian Legacy
Cheryl Koevoet
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare i'm sorry. this is the first time in a long period in that i was struggeling to read a book. the book and i didn't start well, i saw it in the bookshop a few times, each time it was warmly recommended to me yet i didn't take it. my gut saud i wouldn't like it.then' there was a sale in the bookshop, i needed 4 books and i had only 3, so i picked this one out. the cover was different from last time and i thought; 'oh well, some new book'.after that i forgot i had it,when i arranged my book shlef i found it and decided to give it a chance and read it. the story was predictable, really. the third person narrator didn't work for me. Jace was nice, but Clairy was pal. this is all IMO. i kept waiting for it to get interesting but it didn't.pepole who loved Harry potter may like it. pepole who want a story about a world that lives next to our own, with all kinds of weird countries that are 'hidden'. pepole who likes stories about a young ordinary girl who discovers she ain't that ordinary, who likes a story about a missing parent that needs a rescue and a bit of drama might like it. the question is how much do you care if the plot is original or the characters have depth (again IMO), and then, whether or not the writing style matters to you. it's not bad, it's just not my cup of tea.