SharonL

Sharon L

"My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with"

-Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

The Diviners
Libba Bray
The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
Anne Rice
The Carnelian Legacy
Cheryl Koevoet

A Perfect Evil (Maggie O'Dell Novels)

A Perfect Evil (Maggie O'Dell Novels) - Alex Kava on the one hand, this book had kept me on the edge of my seat while reading it. and O'delle was great- with her fears, her problems, her past and her professionalism. then, what's the problem? i didn't take me long to realize who the murderer is. and i took me a long time to finish that book. it was(!) a good book, but at some point i felt like the end wasn't going to come. because it dragged. i'll be the first to admit, when deciding whether i love a book or not it is a question of: 1. the characters- did i like them? did they have something more? did they have deph? were the disticint from other characters? (on this part, the answer is yes, though they annoyed me at times).2. the world- the world building, the story, how realistic does it feel? (again, it was okay, realistic, yet a bit predictable). 3. the writing style (i have nothing to say)4. the reading process- if i devour a book it's good. usually, beside times when circumstances have it that i can't, when it takes me a long time to read a book. when i struggle, then something is off. the book doesn't suit me. and usually, i don't know why. (which is the case here). 5. time- since i read this bool, as time passed by, what mark did the book left on me. (in this case- none). the main question is what are you searching for? if you're looking for a. thriller that would keep you up at night, turning pages, thinking after you finished it, that would suprise you with twists and turns you didn't expect then, this book IMO isn't for you. though you might still enjoy it.