SharonL

Sharon L

"My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with"

-Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

The Diviners
Libba Bray
The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
Anne Rice
The Carnelian Legacy
Cheryl Koevoet

On The Island

On the Island  - Tracey Garvis-Graves You know how sometimes you see a book in the bookstore and somehow you just KNOW you gonna love it? well, that's what happened to me with this book. and then I read the plot line, and it was as if someone washed me with cold water. I wasn't sure what to think of a book that described a romance between a 30 years old female and a 16(almost 17) years old male. In many ways I found the idea diturbing. I decided not to read it, but one long afternoon made me search for something to read in the bookstore- and the attraction to the book won, I planned to just skip through it (that's what I told myself) and the skipping became reading and before I realized what was happenning I was invested deeply in the book cheering Anna and T.J. on, wanting them to be together. Tracey Garvis-Graves wrote a wonderfull book, with sexual tension, love, a slow romance, great main characters and great supporting characters. Both Anna and T.J. were wonderfull with their fears, their support and worry for one another and the fact that Anna treated T.J as if they stood on equal footing, and T.J's maturity won me over. The epilogue was great, wonderfull and made me really happy. I am really happy I decided to read this book, and I think you should too. Tracey Garvis-Graves is an author to look for, and I'll definitely would.