SharonL

Sharon L

"My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with"

-Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

The Diviners
Libba Bray
The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
Anne Rice
The Carnelian Legacy
Cheryl Koevoet

Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)

Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5) - Jeaniene Frost,  Ilona Andrews One for the money by Jeaniene frost- 3 stars. as a favor to her uncle Cat and Bones guard an heiress that her cousin wants her dead. Cat is a newly changed vampire, sadly, we don't get to see how the couple managed after their many adventures in Destined for an Early Grave. in many ways, this is a short version of the much longer books- action, some running around, love and final confortation. it's nice, the sense of humore is still great (as opposed to book 5 & 6 in the series in which Cat somewhat lost her snarky humore and kickass personality. yes, she became much more mature in books 5 & 6, but she also lost something). all in all, nice read.a questionable client by Ilona andrews- 5 stars.this is the short story where Kate and Saiman meet. truthfully, I do not recommand reading it before you read the first two books in the Kate daniels series. why? because in order to enjoy it fully you should be familiar with the world, otherwise you will be lost. now, I enjoyed seeing Saiman and Kate, for some reason Ilona Andrews create characters I simply love even when they are cold-hearted bastards like Saiman. and Kate, well, she deserves a whole love song just for her. I admitt, the Kate Daniels series is my most beloved UF series, and this short story dies not fail.beloved characters, intetesting myths and a wonderful sense of humore, What is there not to like? well, nothing. hope you have a nice day! ;)