SharonL

Sharon L

"My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with"

-Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

The Diviners
Libba Bray
The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
Anne Rice
The Carnelian Legacy
Cheryl Koevoet

Water for Elephants: A Novel

Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen i read this book more than six years ago. but i still remeber it very clearly. i remember how i didn't want to read it, i kept visiting the bookshop near my house, saw it, and thought it wad b-o-r-i-n-g but it wouldn't let me go. somehow, itbwent behind my back and convinced someone to buy it for me. and i wanted to exchange it for another book, but i'm glad i didn't. why? because it's magnificant! reading about the circus- i mean, who didn't like to go watch the shows when he was younger (though not with animals. i only heard about the animals)? i know i did. the thrill, the excitment! well then, the setting and the sweet elephant. i l-o-v-e-d them. as for the love story, the adultery was bothering, and yet, it was tender, loving, true, and they suited each other.as for the writing, it was good. and the fact Mrs. Gruen used a first person pov surely helped me relate to the Jacob. but what i loved most was Rosie. sweet, graceful Rosie.yes, it has it faults, but for me, reading the book was a special experience that i'm thankful for. and that is why i warmly recommend this book to those who love romance, blend with animals that in a way are more human then some humans, and times that are gone but you still hear of. and, of course, don't forget the circus. :)